In case your NBC app is not working on Roku, then you will have to try certain troubleshooting steps to restore the functionality of the app on the most popular streaming device.
It is rare for an app to stop working on Roku, but nothing can be taken for granted, as we are talking about an electronic device. The problem usually occurs when people have a dish/cable/TV subscription that includes streaming TV shows and movies, which you wish to view online. It is to be noted that internet-only plans will not work on the aforementioned subscriptions. Moreover, NBC will not be able to stream where there is a dispute going on between carriers and affiliates. If NBC app is not working or showing errors, then it is better to unlink the provider and relink it to solve most issues, if not all.
- Unlink your provider and then relink it to fix most of the problems you’re experiencing with the NBC app on Roku.
- If the app is still not working, then you should check your internet connectivity.
- If the internet connectivity is good, then you should remove the NBC app and add it again.
- You can also try updating the software of your Roku player, just in case, you haven’t had the time to update it previously.
- If all these steps fail to work, then you should perhaps restart your Roku player and see if things get back to normal or not.
If the problem persists, then you should get in touch with the NBC app support provider because only an expert can help you with this problem.
Or, you can try the following steps, which are for advanced users.
- Try to log out of the NBC app and re-authenticate through a TV provider.
- In the app, select ‘More’, an option that you can find on the ‘Home’ screen.
- Then, select ‘My Profile’ followed by ‘Unlink’.
Note: If you are not signed in within the app you wish to use, you will have to sign out of the provider in another app where you have been signed-in because that is how you can sign out of the provider for all apps.
- Now, you will have to sign in to the primary address on the provider account by going into the settings of the NBC app and try again.
Check internet connectivity and strength
- For this, you will have to remove the NBC app and add it again.
- Then, from the ‘Home’ screen of the app, select ‘Channel’ followed by “*”, and then, select remove channel.
- Select confirm and then, add it back.
You must use NBC com activate link or NBC com NBCuniversalfamily activate link for activating the app.
- Try again.
Updating the software of your Roku player
From the Roku’s Home screen, go to ‘Settings’ > ‘System’ > ‘System Update’ and ‘Check Now’.
How to restart Roku player to clear cache and/or data
For that, you need to go ‘Settings’ > ‘System’ > ‘System Restart’ or ‘Settings’ > ‘System’ > ‘Power’ > ‘System’ ‘Restart or Unplug’ > ‘Plug Back In’.
We offer conscientious support for NBC and related apps. If you are looking to watch content from NBC Sports Gold app, then the first thing that you need to do is make sure that NBC Sports Gold Activate is properly done. For that, you can take our help as well.