Have you started using the new NBC app? If yes, then you must have liked the experience so far, as whosoever uses NBC app becomes a fan of it. However, all the excitement of the app and the content that is present in it can be ruined if you are not able to activate the app on your device.
If you are experiencing issues while navigating to NBC Com activate link for activating the app on your device, then you should try the below-mentioned steps to fix the problem. You need to try to load the activation page again in between the steps in order to check if the problem is fixed. If you are unable to find any improvement, then proceed with the next solution on the list.
- If the NBC activation isn’t working, then you need to begin the troubleshooting process by clearing cache/cookies from the web browser. You can clear the cookies/cache by updating your preferences in the menu of your web browser or controls. Doing this step will reduce the chance of data or storage-related issues.
- You need to surf the internet in private or incognito mode, an option that you can find in the ‘Options’ menu of your web browser.
- If that doesn’t work, then you should launch a new web browser and try to activate the NBC app from there. For example, if you are not able to activate the NBC app in Chrome, then try it using Firefox.
You will definitely be able to activate your NBC app through these steps.
Next comes the procedure of fixing closed captions and subtitles. If you are not able to see closed captions or subtitles or they are out of sync with the video, then you need to go through below-mentioned steps. While you perform the steps, we will recommend you to check the video because, at times, the problem is solved after following a single step, which means, you don’t have to try the next step.
- You need to stop the video, exit from the current screen and re-start the video. Doing this will allow the video player to retrieve the caption information again.
- Close the NBC app and open it again. Now, play your video again.
- You can test a different video for comparison. If that new video is working properly and you are able to see captions, then the problem is in a specific video, so you need to contact NBC help and support for assistance. The issue could be due to the video playback errors, so you need to follow the troubleshooting steps for the same.
If you want to turn off the closed captions on the NBC app, then here is what you are going to do.
- On NBC official website, you need to open an individual video and by making use of video player controls to enable, disable or customize closed captioning.
- On the NBC app, closed caption controls are different in different devices, but in the majority of cases, you can find them in the settings menu.